How to buy residential real estate
I can help you buy residential real estate, such as your house or condo. The main steps to buying residential real estate are as follows:
- Determine your reasons for buying.
- Determine your budget and obtain a loan preapproval if you need one.
- Determine the general location of your desired home.
- Determine your requirements and their importance.
- The type of property (house, townhouse, condo) and number of floors.
- The number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Size of front and back yards.
- Size of garage and number of parking spots.
- Proximity to traffic.
- The direction the house is facing (North, South, East, West).
- Height of ceiling.
- Visit homes that fit your requirements.
- During open house tours, ask questions about the homes.
- Read the disclosures for the homes you're interested in.
- Negotiate a contract with the seller.
- Submit an offer for the home.
- Consider any potential counteroffers.
- Sign the contract if you agree to the terms.
- Close escrow.
- Submit the down payment.
- Complete a final walk through of the house to verify that everything looks as you expect.
- Receive your keys.
- Enjoy your new home.
You can reorder steps 2 and 3 based on your preference.
Real estate agents are licensed to help you during every part of this process for a small percentage of the sale price. I recommend that you work with an agent as early in the process as possible. If you need an agent, I'm happy to help you. Contact me. 👋